That’s all it takes to book an escorted full day tour with Rail Europe that departs from London and travels to Stratford, Oxford, and Warwick Castle. Board the deluxe coach in London for your first stop at Oxford, Britain’s oldest university. Then you’ll book it to Stratford upon Avon, where you’ll travel to the birthplace of William Shakespeare and the romantic thatched cottage where he wooed his beloved Anne Hathaway. Soak in the 12th century atmosphere before you experience knight-time at Warwick castle, a grand medieval rampart. You’ll return by bus to London after a perfect day. ‘Tis such stuff as dreams are made on.
Stratford, Oxford, Cotswolds and Warwick Castle
- When touring castles, a little British reserve is quite helpful
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Here’s what’s included :
- Choice of 2 tour options : escorted tour with lunch pack, or the Discovery tour (site entrances or lunch pack not included).
- Escorted tour with lunch pack includes :
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Entry to Brasenose College
- Scenic drive through the Cotswolds
- Complimentary lunch pack with sandwich, bottle of water and fruit
- Entry to Shakespeare’s birthplace
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Entry to and extended visit to Warwick Castle
- Beginning April 1, 2016 : Select Free Walking Tours available,
- vouchers must be collected from the Golden Tours office in
- Victoria on the day of the tour and must be used within 48 hours after
- Coach Tour date. (not offered with Discovery Tours)
- Discovery tour without entrances or lunch pack includes :
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Scenic drive through Cotswolds
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- See Warwick Castle
- Does not include entrance fees
- Special reduced rate for children ages 3 -16.
- Reservation must be made at least 24 hours before tour begins. Details on making reservations are included with your voucher.
- This tour begins at 8:45am and finishes at approximately 7:00pm.
- For hotel pick up times please refer to the FAQ section.
- Tour operates : daily
- Travelers should wait by the concierge desk for pickup of their tour at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Voucher must be exchanged within 6 months of purchase date.
- Once the tour has been reserved the tour is non-refundable.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. What fees does Rail Europe charge ?
A. Rail Europe charges different types of fees for the services we provide. These fees are waived under certain circumstances. Below is a list of the fees we charge.
Delivery Fee : this fee covers the cost of delivering your travel documents to you, allowing you to relax, knowing that you have everything you need prior to your departure.
Customer Care Centre Fee : this fee is charged only when bookings are made over the phone through one of our Customer Care Centres.
Rail Europe Processing Fee : this fee allows us to continue to provide travellers with a wide range of European rail products to choose from, in addition to offering quality customer support before, during, and after your trip.
Administrative Fee : this fee is charged only for refunds and exchanges. It is 7% of the original train ticket or rail pass price.
Q. How fast can I receive my travel documents ?
A. After your booking has been invoiced, you should receive your tickets and/or rail passes within 2-7 business days. In some locations, express overnight delivery may be available for an additional cost.
If you booked e-tickets, you should receive an email and ticket instructions shortly after your booking is confirmed.
Q. Do I need to make a reservation if I’m traveling with a rail pass on an overnight train ?
A. Yes. Even with your rail pass, you will need to make a reservation on any overnight train. Reservations are required for sleeping compartments, couchettes, and seats. Depending on where you’re traveling, the guidelines of the specific train and/or the type of rail pass you have, you may be entitled to purchase a reservation in place of a full price ticket.
You can search for overnight reservations directly on our website - just be sure to select the "I have a rail pass" option.
Q. How can I find the cheapest train tickets ?
A. There are two ways you can ensure you get the best price. The most effective way is to book your train ticket(s) in advance. Many rail carriers operating high speed trains or night trains make a limited number of cheaper seats available for advance purchase. Once those seats have been sold or the purchase window has passed, prices go up. That’s why we recommend booking 60 to 90 days prior to the train departure, especially if you plan on traveling during peak season (summer and holidays).
The other way to ensure you get the best rate is to correctly indicate the composition and number of your traveling party when requesting your fares and schedules. This will allow us to determine eligibility for some reduced fares such as child, youth or senior fares when offered by the rail carrier.
Q. Are there lounges at the train station I can access with my Rail Europe tickets ?
A. Some of the main train stations in larger European cities offer lounges. Access to lounges depends on the type of train ticket you have ; generally a First class ticket is needed.
Trains that offer lounge access are :
SJ High Speed
Trenitalia International Night
Spanish Night Trains
To learn more about lounge access for any of the above trains, we encourage you to visit the product page for the train.
Q. What if I have a group of 10 or more purchasing rail passes ?
A. Please contact our Groups Department who can arrange customized travel solutions perfect for your travellers.
Q. Will I be sharing my sleeping compartment with strangers ?
A. If you book a reservation for a bed in a compartment that can accommodate more people than are in your traveling party, yes, additional people may be in the compartment. It’s also important to note that couchette accommodations are usually not gender specific.
Q. Can I add products to an earlier booking and avoid paying the shipping or booking fees ?
A. Unfortunately, once a booking has been finalized it’s being processed and we’re unable to alter it.
Q. What does the “Login with Facebook” button do ?
A. The “Login with Facebook” button allows you to log in to the Rail Europe website with your Facebook login credentials, even if you have never registered to the Rail Europe website before.
Q. In the event of a strike, is my rail pass covered under the Rail Protection Plan™ ?
A. In general no – the Rail Protection Plan™ doesn’t provide specific coverage for rail passes, city passes, or tours in the event a strike occurs during your travels.
During a strike, there are usually trains that operate along all routes, as well as substitute buses. While you may not be able to take the exact train you were planning on using, there are usually trains or some other method of transportation that can get you to where you need to go.
In case a severe strike occurs that significantly prevents you from using your pass as intended, you may contact our customer relations team. We will review your particular circumstances and may provide compensation, if appropriate.